Electrical 201: I Love Lamp
July 16 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm CDT
How to Make a Lamp, Wire a Lamp, Go Wire Nuts.
We’ve had so many of you ask for it, and now it’s here! You’ve learned about switches and outlets, but now learn more in-depth stuff about wiring and how to make a lamp out of almost anything. Nothing you need a degree for; just leveling up for more competence and comfort with your electrical skill set.
We’ll plan, assemble, and wire a lamp out of basic materials. We will have an assortment of things on-hand, but if there’s something special you want to make into a lamp, bring it!
Please take Electrical Basics 101: No ZAP before this one.
- Glass jars filled with something
- Cool (thick) piece of wood
- A statue or vase
- Anything that can stand on its own and that you can drill a hole through, really.
You will learn:
- Wiring dos and don’ts
- How to attach light sockets
- Different kinds of switches
- Finials, shades, and other finishing ideas
None unless you want to bring something at home to make or decorate your cool lamp. If you have wire strippers, bring them in.
Class policies and cancellation.