- This event has passed.
Electrical 201: I Love Lamp
June 10 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm CDT
How to Make a Lamp, Wire a Lamp, Go Wire Nuts.
We’ve had so many of you ask for it, and now it’s here! You’ve learned about switches and outlets, but now learn more in-depth stuff about wiring and how to make a lamp out of almost anything. Nothing you need a degree for; just leveling up for more competence and comfort with your electrical skill set.
We’ll plan, assemble, and wire a lamp out of basic materials. We will have an assortment of things on-hand, but if there’s something special you want to make into a lamp, bring it!
Please take Electrical Basics 101: No ZAP before this one.
- Glass jars filled with something
- Cool (thick) piece of wood
- A statue or vase
- Anything that can stand on its own and that you can drill a hole through, really.
You will learn:
- Wiring dos and don’ts
- How to attach light sockets
- Different kinds of switches
- Finials, shades, and other finishing ideas
None unless you want to bring something at home to make or decorate your cool lamp. If you have wire strippers, bring them in.